Parsnip and Pear Soup
Healthy, plant-based parsnip and pear soup blended and served warm.
skinned, trimmed and quartered, cut into 1/2" pieces (make sure fibrous center is removed)
skinned, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces
fine sea salt
Additional dash of fine sea salt and white pepper to taste
Optional garnish: nutmeg and cinnamon
1. Add parsnips and pear to bottom of pressure cooker with 4-6 tablespoons of vegan butter. Stir on medium heat until butter is melted and produce is coated.
2. Add baking soda and salt (3/4 teaspoon) and stir until well mixed.
3. Seal pressure cooker, bring to full pressure, and cook for 15 minutes. Monitor cooker regularly so that contents continue to cook evenly.
4. Carefully shake the contents of the cooker to be sure nothing sticks. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and release the pressure.
5. Add pear juice to cooker.
Stir to combine. If anything is stuck to the sides of the cooker, deglaze with pear juice.
6. Pour contents of cooker into high speed blender, blend on high until smooth.
7. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
8. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon, and serve warm.
Inspired by Modernist Cuisine.