1. Combine dry ingredients above (flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg) in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl combine
• pumpkin (either a 16 ounce can of pumpkin puree or instructions below for making fresh pumpkin puree - always my preference if possible);
• maple syrup (8 ounces if canned pumpkin OR 6 ounces if homemade pumpkin puree)
• flax or chia "eggs,"
• and vanilla
3. Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
4. Pour mixture into 8 x 11 glass baking dish and bake 45-50 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven (until toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
5. Cool, cut into bars, and serve warm or cold.