- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin, or a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto.
- Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated.
- Top with tomatoes, if using. Serve at room temperature or chilled.