Zucchini is one of the crops that grow really well in my home garden. One year I grew one that actually weighed 10LBS!! (You can see it on the website from a few years back ). I love zucchini for its versatility.
Zucchini is naturally sweet, is low in calories, and high in fiber. It’s easy to incorporate in many diverse dishes, like oatmeal and pancakes and it bakes really well. With that in mind, and considering our mutual love of healthy breakfasts and snacks…
- 1/3 cup plant milk I use oat milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter or canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour optional 1: 1 gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place grated zucchini on a kitchen towel and lightly pat to absorb some of the liquid.
- Combine plant milk, flax, brown sugar, vanilla, and vegan butter (or canola oil) in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Mix in the zucchini with a spoon.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into the wet ingredient mixture and mix gently to combine. Do not over mix!
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin baking cups, then place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To test doneness, place a wooden toothpick into the center of a muffin. If toothpick comes out dry, muffins are done!
- Remove from oven and cool on rack or cutting board until ready to eat.