Watermelon Nice Cream
It’s also no secret that I LOVE all the summer fruits and veggies. By the time we get to August around here, watermelon season is in full bloom! Sweet, juicy, and hydrating, watermelon is one of my favorite seasonal fruits. High in vitamin A, B6, C, magnesium and potassium, watermelon also has the ability to help lower blood pressure. Watermelon is a surprisingly healthy fruit!
When something is this delicious and healthy, I guarantee that I am going to create new ways to enjoy it!! And this one is especially good because it will keep for up to 6 weeks (just make sure to keep it frozen in a sealed container!). With a little freezer magic we get to prolong the joy of watermelon long after the summer haze has faded. And this recipe couldn’t be easier – it’s made with only 3 ingredients!!!
Here’s to a fabulous end of summer!
- 1 small (preferably personal size) watermelon (seedless if possible) - about 6 cups of chunks
- 6 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, pitted and skin removed
- ice cream cones
- Blender or food processor
- Loaf pan
- Ice cream scoop
- Ice cream bowls for serving (if not using cones)
- 1. Combine all the above ingredients (except the ice cream cones if you are using them) in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- 2. If you wish to have a soft serve consistency, serve immediately.
- 3. To freeze and use later, place Nice Cream in a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- 4. To serve frozen, remove the loaf pan from the freezer 30-40 minutes before serving and use warm water on your scoop to make it easier to scoop and serve.
- Serve in small bowls or ice cream cones.
- Makes 10 servings.