Since meal prepping is one of my favorite ways to keep my diet healthy and satisfying, I love to make cold summer soups, too! You can easily make a chilled soup that will last for a week to serve as a great afternoon snack, a full meal on its own (like a tasty lunch ) or to pair with a salad or sandwich for even more hydration!
I have to admit I have been eating my newest cold summer all week…because it is THAT GOOD! If you love Watermelon, you have to try this Watermelon Gazpacho, it's sweet and savory, has only 6 ingredients (+ oil and vinegar) and I think you’re going to love it! 🍉
- 1 small personal watermelon cut into chunks (about 4 cups)
- 3 roma tomatoes cut into chunks and deseeded
- 1 cucumber cut into chunks (reserve some for optional garnish)
- 1 red bell pepper cut and deseeded (reserve some for optional garnish)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (reserve a few sprigs for optional garnish)
- ½ red onion chopped (reserve some for optional garnish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- diced cucumber
- chopped red onion
- fresh mint
- diced avocado
- diced red bell pepper
- Add watermelon to high speed blender, blending just enough to make room for the rest of the ingredients.
- Add tomatoes to blender. If it looks too full, blend again, as volume of liquid will reduce when you blend.
- Add cucumber to blender, blend until incorporated.
- Add bell pepper and red onion to blender and blend well.
- Add mint and blend well.
- Add oil and vinegar and blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour gazpacho into bowls, add optional garnish and enjoy OR refrigerate in a sealed glass bottle for up to 7 days.