I love potatoes! This starchy root vegetable is packed full of nutrients including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Potatoes contain what is called resistant starch, which has been shown to improve blood sugar, and this resistance is actually increased by refrigerating cooked potatoes! And when you add in all the yummy, healthy green herbs included in this recipe’s dressing, you have a delicious and nutritiously filling side dish for any of your summer meals.
- 2 lbs small potatoes steamed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam potatoes for 20 minutes, remove and cool, then slice into bite-sized discs.
- Place oil, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic into a food processor and process until emulsified. This will create your dressing.
- Once the dressing mixture reaches desired consistency, drizzle over potatoes. Allow the dressing to be absorbed by the potatoes for a few hours if possible before serving, or refrigerate dressed potatoes overnight.
- Prior to serving, add chopped celery to dressed potatoes and mix.
- Top with additional parsley and green onions, toss again and serve.