- 2 cups +3 tbs Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour (or similar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Four Sigmatic Chaga Elixir Use code NOURISHED10 for 15% off.
- 3/4 oz dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 1/2 beet, thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas see recipe below
- 1 cup red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup Kite Hill ricotta style vegan cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or braggs aminos)
- Mix together oil, apple cider vinegar and liquid aminos, and marinate chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- Drain marinade.
- Bake chickpeas for 40-45 minutes on a sheet pan at 375° F
- Mix dry ingredients (EXCEPT for yeast) in a bowl, then set aside.
- Pour 1 cup warm water (100-110o F) into a separate bowl, then vigorously stir in yeast and maple syrup to activate.
- Let water and yeast mixture stand until yeast dissolves and froth forms on top, about 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil to yeast mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry until a ball of dough forms (you can use a stand mixer or do this by hand).
- Leave dough ball to rise in a covered bowl for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place dough ball onto parchment paper and shape by hand into a flattened circle.
- Preheat oven. Bake at 425o F for 6-8 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
- Top crust with sauce and return to oven for another 4-5 minutes (until the sauce bubbles).
- Remove from the oven and add additional toppings as desired.
Use code NOURISHED10 for 15% OFF!