- 1 package extra firm Tofu
- 6 Carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 cups mushrooms I used shitake and button mushrooms mixed, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and sliced on an angle
- 1 package Soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 green onions for garnish (optional)
- fresh basil for garnish
- Turn the tofu on its side and cut the whole block into thirds and then press it between several paper towels for 20 minutes or more to get the extra moisture out and make it easier for the marinade to soak into the tofu.
- Next put the 2 tbs of oil into a large skillet with garlic and ginger, sauté for a few minutes until the garlic starts to get slightly brown and then remove the garlic and ginger from the pan.
- While the tofu is releasing the water, make the marinade, using the Braggs aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar and maple syrup. Whisk together and add 1/2 of the garlic and ginger mixture.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to the marinade.
- You can wash and cut your veggies while the tofu marinates.
- Next add theTofu to skillet on medium high heat. Let it turn crispy and golden before turning.
- While its cooking, put up a pot with water to boil (for the noodles).
- When the tofu is crispy on all four sides of the cubes, remove the tofu from the pan and put aside.
- Now you can add a bit more oil to the pan and add the rest of your veggies, along with the remainder of the garlic and ginger.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles, they do not cook long! Watch that you do not over cook them, check the package you bought, but it is usually only a few minutes.
- Let the veggies cook for a short time, you want them cooked but still slightly crunchy.
- When the noodles are finished cooking, drain them and then add them to the pan, with the tofu and any remaining sauce. Mix them up so the noodles get coated with the marinade and juices of all the veggies.
- Put everything into a large serving bowl and top with fresh basil and green onions.
This makes for a very filling dinner for 4 (usually with left overs).