Sweet Potato and Pistachio Chewy Bites
Setton Farms invited me to participate in a contest to create a recipe for a new product they were announcing. Since I know and love their products, I agreed and they sent me some samples of their new Pistachio Chewy. After checking out the ingredients, tasting the product and playing around with a few ideas, I came up with a recipe I thought would be delicious.
Guess what? I won first place in the contest! That was super exciting, but I was really looking forward to sharing my recipe with all of you! My Sweet Potato and Chewy Bites make a great appetizer, small plate dish or even a light lunch.
- One medium to large sweet potato
- Sweet potato toppers
- Almond (or other) nut butter
- Almond cheese spread
- Plain Greek style non-dairy yogurt
- Hummus, store bought or home made
- Avocado, sliced or cubed
- Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites (chopped)
- Strawberries (sliced), blueberries or any other seasonal berries
- Sliced peaches or plums
- 1. Wash your sweet potato very well.
- 2. Slice the sweet potato into rounds that have about 1/4” thickness. (You can go thicker but it will take longer to “toast.”)
- 3. Toast in a toaster or in a toaster oven. Set your toaster or toaster oven to a setting about halfway on your dial (to get the right “doneness”). You may have to toast it once on your chosen setting and then put the potatoes back in another time or two to reach your desired softness. Just keep your eye on the toast the first time to estimate how long it will take to be done to your liking (usually not more than a few minutes).
- 4. Remove the potato slices from the toaster and start to add your toppings.
- 5. First spread your base layer of vegan cream cheese, nut butter, hummus or Greek yogurt. Make an even layer, enough to coat the full surface of the sweet potato slice.
- 6. For a savory treat, add sliced avocado to your base layer (I love to combine this one with hummus).
- 7. For a sweeter option, add sliced fruit or berries to vegan cream cheese, Greek yogurt or almond butter. Indulge yourself and combine your favorites!
- 8. Sprinkle mint leaves on top of your blueberries (or strawberries!) for a little extra fresh zip.
- 9. Top both your savory and sweet creations with chopped Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Check out my New eBook Thirty30 for 30 easy, delicious plant-based meals you can prepare in 30 minutes!