- 2 lb. tomatoes (roughly 3 large), chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful of basil, washed and chopped
- Olive oil and high-quality balsamic vinegar (I use Robbins Family Farm—aged 18 years for a real treat!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first three ingredients and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Lightly add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the salad marinate for an hour and serve at room temperature.
Note: In this recipe, you can use any kind of tomato as long as it’s ripe and firm. Grape tomatoes, baby tomatoes, large yellow and red tomatoes—anything will work! (If using large tomatoes, discard the seeds after chopping.)