While strawberries are beautiful, they are incredibly good for you, too. They are loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants that may help reduce heart disease and they are an excellent source of magnesium, in addition to their incredible flavor.
This recipe is for all those times you want to have a slightly fancy drink but you do not want it to be alcoholic — and when you want to be just a little bit extra. It’s also great for entertaining since it is a pretty as it is delicious. I am definitely having one this Sunday at my Mother’s Day Brunch.
- One glass to use exclusively for preparation
- One drinking glass for serving
- Muddler or wooden spoon (to use for crushing and combining ingredients)
- 2-3 strawberries cut into smallish pieces
- 6 mint leaves
- Juice of ½ orange
- Juice of ½ lime
- Your favorite sparkling water or tonic
For the rim:
- Coconut sugar
- Optional: Dried Rose petals
- Add strawberries, mint, juice from orange and lime to a glass for preparation, and muddle using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon if you prefer.
- Take drinking glass and rub a piece of lime along the rim.
- Mix about 1 tbs of coconut sugar and an optional sprinkling of dried rose petals in a small flat plate.
- Roll the glass rim around the sugar (and petal mixture if desired) to coat.
- Add the muddled strawberry mixture, followed by ice, to your serving glass, and top with sparkling water or tonic.
- Add a slice of lime and enjoy!