Meal Prep is a great way to start off the busy Fall season and with that in mind, I’ve come up with a simple but heavenly delicious, 5 ingredient recipe that is very easy to make, requires little active work and tastes incredible! This is a great sauce to prepare ahead and then use in a variety of ways all week long.
It’s been a hit with all my taste testers (of various ages and dietary preferences), and I just know that it will become a favorite in your world, too! So let's get cooking!
- Deep baking dish
- 2 lbs Fresh tomatoes (about 6)
- 1 head Garlic
- 2 Red peppers
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut tomatoes and peppers into equal size chunks.
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb so you can see the tip of each garlic clove.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and garlic into a baking dish and drizzle oil on top. Mix them a little bit to coat everything well in oil and then place the garlic cut side down in the dish.
- Roast in the oven for about 30-35 minutes (checking to be sure nothing burns) and you should see the oil and veggie juices bubbling as they cook.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, remove the garlic cloves from the paper-like skin of the bulb, then add garlic, tomatoes, peppers, basil and tomato paste to a high speed blender. Blend for about 2 minutes or until well blended and creamy.
- Use immediately on fresh pasta (or anywhere you enjoy tomato sauce) OR decante and refrigerate in a sealed glass container for up to two weeks.
- PRO TIP: When I prepare this sauce I like to add an extra garlic bulb so I have roasted garlic ready for other dishes. Enjoy!