- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a knife or food processor to chop the cabbage, carrots, and apple julienne-style.
- Throw your sesame seeds in raw (I like using both black and white sesame seeds for contrast) or toast them lightly in a frying pan.
- Toss julienned cabbage, carrots, apple, and sesame seeds together.
- For the dressing, combine the ginger, vinegar, and oil and stir with a spoon or whisk.
- Add dressing to the cabbage, carrots, and apples evenly.
- Top with more sesame seeds (a fantastic source of Calcium!).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready.