Move over, Spring… here comes Summer. With long days, bright sunshine, hot temps and those crazy late afternoon storms, the season for “cool-me-off” food has arrived!
I love the summer, so you’ll hear no complaints from me, but I do rely heavily on healthy ways to keep cool.
Free from refined sugar, loaded with fiber, high in protein, probiotics and magnesium and super versatile, I bet your biggest issue is going to be keeping
these Raspberry Yogurt Bark treats in the house long enough for everyone to try some. 😆 Plus, it is so simple to make, you most probably have everything you need in your fridge right now!!!
- Baking sheet (small preferred)
- Parchment paper (to line baking sheet)
- Few toothpicks (for decorating)
- Sealed (preferably glass) container for storage
- 2 cups plant-based yogurt of your choice (I use an unsweetened vanilla yogurt)
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1-2 squares of your favorite chocolate bar, chopped or grated into thin shavings
- 1 handful granola
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs maple or date syrup
- Spread a thick layer of yogurt (about 1/4” thick) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top yogurt layer with raspberries, granola, and chocolate shavings.
- Add a few dollops of almond butter in several areas, then drizzle the syrup across the toppings.
- Using a toothpick, gently stir/swirl the almond butter and syrup around the berries.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set the bark, then remove, cut and enjoy!
- I like to use a small ¼ size baking sheet for making this bark. It fits well in my freezer and will make enough for 4–6 servings. You can use a larger size or make 2 batches if space allows.
- Clear space in the freezer before preparing this bark to streamline your process.