- 2 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 cloves of garlic. chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1/2 Tablespoon dried), chopped
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small tomato cut into cubes
- 1/2 orange and 1/2 yellow (or any combination) bell pepper cut into cubes
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup quinoa ( I used red for this recipe)
Dressing for Quinoa
- 1 lime – zested and juiced
- Olive Oil 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
Rinse quinoa in a sieve before cooking.
Add one cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil, then simmer covered for about 20 minutes (or until all the water is absorbed).
Let the quinoa cool in and bowl and then prepare dressing below and add to slowly to quinoa.
Add 1/2 yellow and 1/2 orange bell pepper and 1 small tomato to quinoa.
Preheat oven to 350.
Clean Portabellos, remove stems.
Coat the rounded top lightly with Olive Oil to prevent sticking.
Place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil on the flat side.
Sprinkle with chopped garlic.
Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar.
Place mushrooms in the oven for about 20 minutes (watch them so they don’t over cook).
Remove mushrooms and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Place each mushroom on a plate and add quinoa salad on top.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and avocado.