- 4 or 5 large ripe peaches (or enough to sliced peaches to fill your baking dish
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot mixed with warm water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut butter
- 1 cup oats (uncooked)
Make a slurry from arrowroot and water and mix with peaches.
Sift dry ingredients together and cut in butter.
Add oats and mix well.
Lightly oil pie dish (I always use glass).
Sprinkle topping over fruit.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and the peaches are bubbling,