- 4 or 5 large ripe peaches (or enough to sliced peaches to fill your baking dish
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot mixed with warm water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut butter
- 1 cup oats (uncooked)
- Make a slurry from arrowroot and water and mix with peaches.
- Sift dry ingredients together and cut in butter.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Lightly oil pie dish (I always use glass).
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and the peaches are bubbling,