Oh, the glory of late summer veggies!! Think of all those beautiful bell peppers, deep purple eggplants, and my favorite fresh herb, Thai basil. Imagine all of these, blended into one comforting bowl of pasta. Pretty yum, right???? 😋
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you…it is a Schneider family favorite!
- Mixing bowl
- Glass Storage Container
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (cooked according to box instructions)
- 6 red peppers
- 1 brown paper bag
- 1 eggplant (medium size), cut in half lengthwise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil leaves (I love Thai basil, but regular is also fine)
- 2 zucchinis - thinly cut into ribbons lengthwise
- 1 bottle artichoke hearts (packed in water, drained and brought to room temperature)
- Char whole red peppers on a hot grill (or in the oven) until peppers are black on all sides. Once charred, remove from heat and place into the brown paper bag. Close the top of the bag, set aside, and allow to cool.
- While peppers are cooling, lightly brush two eggplant halves with olive oil and add to grill (or oven). Cook for about 10 minutes on each side (or until soft), then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once the peppers are cool, peel all the black char off, removing seeds and pith, and set aside.
- Once eggplant is cool, peel, chop, and set aside.
- Brush zucchini ribbons lightly with olive oil and briefly grill on each side, until visually charred and cooked. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Add to blender peppers, eggplant, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, tomato paste, and 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast and blend until creamy.
- Taste sauce mixture once blended and add additional nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper as desired. Blend briefly once more to combine any additions.
- In a bowl, combine cooked pasta with sauce mixture and mix well.
- Plate pasta and sauce, then top with zucchini ribbons and artichoke hearts (or other grilled vegetables if preferred).