- 6 parsnips skinned, trimmed and quartered, cut into 1/2" pieces (make sure fibrous center is removed)
- 1 bosc pear skinned, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4-6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pear juice
- Additional dash of fine sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1. Add parsnips and pear to bottom of pressure cooker with 4-6 tablespoons of vegan butter. Stir on medium heat until butter is melted and produce is coated.
- 2. Add baking soda and salt (3/4 teaspoon) and stir until well mixed.
- 3. Seal pressure cooker, bring to full pressure, and cook for 15 minutes. Monitor cooker regularly so that contents continue to cook evenly.
- 4. Carefully shake the contents of the cooker to be sure nothing sticks. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and release the pressure.
- 5. Add pear juice to cooker.
- Stir to combine. If anything is stuck to the sides of the cooker, deglaze with pear juice.
- 6. Pour contents of cooker into high speed blender, blend on high until smooth.
- 7. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- 8. Garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon, and serve warm.
Inspired by Modernist Cuisine.