I love this easily customizable recipe. You can substitute leftover beans, any kind of sweet potato and rice or quinoa. Add a few herbs and spices of your choice and you’ve got a yummy main course!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, previously baked and cooled
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cilantro
Optional Components for Burger Assembly:
- sliced tomato
- Scoop out cooked potato flesh and mash with a fork.
- Drain black beans and mash with a fork (so some whole beans remain).
- Add the beans, potatoes, quinoa, chopped walnuts and spices to a bowl and using your hands, form into 4 patties.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, flipping patties halfway through.
- Serve on a bun and top with avocado, tomato and/or onion if you desire. I only had avocado in the house and it was still delicious!
Save extra in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.