What could be better than having breakfast already prepared when you open your eyes? Imagine opening your refrigerator to find a ready-made healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch or even afternoon snack waiting for you. This seasonally delicious meal can be made the night before, will last up to 5 days, and can be eaten warmed up or straight out of the fridge. You can customize, too, if you want…add different toppings, swirl in your favorite nut butter or jam, or leave it just as it is and enjoy every bite.
- 1 cup nut milk I use almond
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 3 tbs previously roasted or canned if you prefer pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Chopped apple
- Pomegranate arils
- Blend all of the above ingredients in a mason jar or other airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with chopped apples, persimmon and pomegranate arils, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serves 2.