I love this meal because it is SO easy, takes very little time to prep, and it stays good in the refrigerator for five days. You could even make 5 jars and have your whole week of meals ready to grab and go!! It’s yummy served hot or cold, and can be dolled up with different fruit for each meal if you choose. It’s free of refined sugar, and is high in nutrients, fiber and healthy fat which will keep your blood sugar stable and keep you feeling full for hours. Need I say more?
- 2/3 cup rolled oats gluten-free if desired
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 small banana mashed
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1. In a mason jar, combine together oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, mashed banana and plant milk.
- 2. Swirl in the almond butter once all the above ingredients are well mixed. But be careful not to mix it in completely so that you will get some of the nut butter in every few bites.
- 3. Add the berries on top.
- 4. Seal and refrigerate in jar overnight (will keep for 5 days).
- When ready, you can heat up or eat cold. Serves 2