- 2 cups almond milk
- a handful of washed fresh baby spinach
- 1 serving of protein powder (I use Nuzest: Clean Lean Vanilla Matcha Protein Powder)
Use code: NOURISHED15 for 15% off
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 orange
- Using a Vitamix or other blender: Blend almond milk and spinach on low setting for a minute.
- Add protein powder, matcha tea, and frozen banana one at a time, blending each time for about 30-40 seconds before adding the next ingredient.
- Zest the orange before cutting off the skin, add about 1/2 the zest and save the rest for topping, then add the orange (without the rind) to the smoothie and blend starting on low and continually raising the speed until you get to high.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or more and then pour into a glass and top with the remaining zest.