- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Double boiler (for optional chocolate drizzle)
- Mini processor (optional)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup tahini I prefer raw tahini for this recipe but roasted will work too.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup OR yacon syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquified)
- vanilla seeds from one bean
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2-1 bar dark chocolate, whole for chocolate drizzle
- Pulse shredded coconut in a mini processor (optional).
- Mix together all other ingredients (except the coconut) with a spoon, until well-combined.
- Add coconut to the mixture and mix again.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture for each cookie on a lined baking sheet and freeze for 30-45 minutes.
- While the cookies are chilling, heat 1-2 inches of water in the bottom pot of a double boiler.
- When water starts to boil, add 1/2 -1 whole dark chocolate bars to the upper pot and allow to melt.
- Once the cookies are ready (after approximately 30 minutes in freezer), remove them from the freezer and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy immediately or keep frozen for up to a week ( I bet they won’t last that long!:)