If you love salads and are looking for ways to change them up, adding a little spice or texture (and an easy burst of flavor) will go a long way!
Prep-ahead salad hacks make a huge difference when it comes to pulling together a delicious meal. Having one or two specialty items ready to go is such a time saver. That’s why I love this Mediterranean Tofu recipe, with its bright, clean flavor and incredible versatility. An easy and delicious vegan substitute for crumbled feta, tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, easy to digest, and mild in taste.
I hope you enjoy this yummy plant-based treat as much as I do!
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Drain tofu and press to remove excess water by wrapping tofu in paper towels.
- Place a heavy pan or bowl on top of the wrapped tofu to squeeze excess water for at least 15 minutes.
- Unwrap drained tofu and cut into cubes.
- While tofu is draining, add all remaining ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and whisk to combine.
- Once tofu is drained and cubed, add tofu to herb mixture and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.