We all know that proper hydration is necessary for healthy, glowing skin. Dry skin leads to premature aging and wrinkles, and it is important to take the time and effort to properly moisturize and hydrate our skin to maintain it at its healthiest.
But what you put on your skin is no more important than what you put into your body. That’s why I created this Hydrating Green Smoothie… to provide you with an enzyme-rich, vitamin and mineral-packed, deliciously hydrating and nourishing smoothie that will benefit your insides as well as your outsides.
Here are some of the shining stars of this recipe:
Pineapple, which contains bromelain, an enzyme which helps to alleviate joint pain and can reduce bruising.
Coconut Water, which is loaded with naturally occuring electrolytes.
Basil, which has been shown to be a blemish reducer and stress reliever, is high in Vitamin A, which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lime, which is loaded with Vitamin C, is good for weight loss, skin care and improved digestion.
Avocado, which is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, and is essential for healthy glowing skin
Reishi mushroom, which is a true power packed superfood. Its scientific name is Ganoderma Lucidum which means bright shining skin – need I say more.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water I prefer Harmless Harvest Brand- it's raw and in the refrigerated section in the market
- 1 kiwi peeled and cut into a few pieces to make it easier to blend
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and cut (same as kiwi above)
- 3-4 romaine leaves washed and torn into a few pieces (you can substitute spinach if you prefer)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder Use discount code Nourished15 for 15% off
- 1/4 avocado
- Optional - 1 pitted date for sweetness
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Enjoy immediately.
- Serves 2