- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt fine
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder link here
- Optional toppings - hemp hearts chopped pecans, dried cherries
- 1. Prepare a 9x11 baking pan by covering the bottom and sides with a single sheet of parchment paper (see photo).
- 2. Heat cacao butter in a double boiler, stirring constantly (so it doesn’t burn) until liquified.
- 3. Remove liquified cacao from heat and add all other ingredients except the toppings. Stir each ingredient until smooth and well-blended.
- 4. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 5. Scatter toppings over mixture as desired.
- 6. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- 7. Remove pan from freezer, then use the parchment paper to remove the chocolate and break it into pieces.
- Enjoy immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. If storing, make sure to seal bark in an airtight container.