Here on the east coast, the winter has sadly been dubbed ‘cold and flu season’. My favorite go-to first remedy is home made, fresh ginger tea. It tastes warm and delicious, and you can almost immediately feel your body starting to heal. I start drinking mine at the first sign of a cold brewing. Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory, it has the ability to strengthen immunity, may relieve heartburn, gas and has been shown to work wonders on stuffy sinuses. Keeping these ingredients on hand would be a great idea!
- Fresh Ginger (about 1 inch, peeled)
- Raw honey
- Fresh Lemon, if possible
- In a saucepan, grate about 1 inch of ginger in to 16 oz of water.
- Let it boil rapidly for several minutes.
- Strain the liquid into your cup.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey.
- Add a splash or more of fresh lemon.