With an abundance of cucumbers in my garden, I decided to try making a cucumber based soup. This soup has turned out so delicious I have made several batches already and couldn’t wait to share it with you. Think of it as a Green Gazpacho! ??
- 2 large cucumbers, skin and seeds removed
- 1 large yellow tomato (or other tomato of your choice)
- 2 handfuls fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- Pinch of sea salt
- sliced cucumber
- sliced radishes
Optional Serving Accompaniment
- few slices of crusty bread (I prefer gluten-free)
- Blend all the above ingredients until creamy.
- Chill for one hour or longer in a sealed container before serving (I like to use a large mason jar).
- Remove from refrigerator and shake well.
- Pour into bowls and top with optional combinations of sliced cucumbers, radishes, cilantro, and/or avocado.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and an optional chunk of crusty bread for serving.