What is more indulgent than a Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie? If you are anything like me, you are going to love this one. Loaded with protein and high-quality antioxidants, these brownies are truly healthy and nourishing while still decadently delicious. Share the love or keep them for yourself… these brownies are the perfect treat!
- Muffin tin (silicone optional)
- Food processor
- Single chopstick for optional decorating
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and well-rinsed)
- 2 chia or flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground chia OR flax + 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp creamy nut butter 1/2 tablespoon mixed in brownies and 1/2 drizzled on top
- Chocolate chips or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare flax/chia egg and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil muffin tin or use silicone with no grease.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor for about 2-3 minutes, until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Distribute evenly in muffin tin or mold. Mine made 9 brownies.
- Smooth top of each brownie and if desired, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of nut butter on top. If desired, then take a chopstick and swirl it around a little to create a swirl effect.
- If desired, lightly sprinkle optional chips and pecans on top of brownies at this point.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is dry.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the tin for about 20 minutes, then carefully and gently remove from tin or mold. They are fragile and fudgey so you can expect them to be moist.