- 1 tablespoon coconut oil 1
- 1 ⁄2” piece of ginger sliced and crushed
- 4 clove garlic minced
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 3 sweet potatoes peel removed, and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 15 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 ⁄2 bunch cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, lime zest and cook until slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Add curry and cook until fragrant - about 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Turn off heat and leave on stove for 1⁄2 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor. Garnish with chopped cilantro, lime juice and enjoy!