This recipe is perfect to add to pasta, quinoa or to top off portabello mushrooms.
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 3 cups fresh basil washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 avocado
- pinch of celtic or other sea salt
- Add 1/2 of the basil, and the full amounts of the garlic and olive oil to a mini food processor and pulse slowly.
- As the ingredients become incorporated, slowly add more basil.
- Then add each remaining ingredient one at a time and keep pulsing to incorporate each new item, leaving the avocado for last.
- Pesto is ready when all items are fully incorporated, and the resulting mixture is smooth and creamy.