We are all soup lovers in my house, and at this time of year, we never get tired of cold soups! Every week I make at least one. They are easy (to make AND eat), delicious, nutritious, a great way to incorporate extra produce into your diet, and awesome to have on hand for lunch or a healthy mid-day snack.
- 2 yellow tomatoes rough chopped
- 2 yellow peppers rough chopped
- 3-4 ears corn kernels removed from cob (save some for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil + optional additional for drizzling
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- Garnish options: olive oil, flaky salt, fresh Thai basil (or other preferred basil or cilantro), corn kernels
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, corn kernels, garlic, and sea salt in a bowl and mix well. Allow resting for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add 1/2 the bowl contents to a blender along with half the olive oil and blend well.
- Repeat step 2, adding the remainder of bowl contents and olive oil to the blender and blend well until the full mixture is combined.
- Decant blender contents into a bowl.
- Stir lime juice and vinegar into the bowl contents until fully incorporated.
- If serving immediately (at room temp), add garnishes of choice to the bowl.
- If serving later, chill in the refrigerator and add fresh garnishes of choice before serving.