For as long as I can remember, my all-time favorite sandwich has been avocado, cucumber, tomato and sprouts (or lettuce if sprouts are not available) on toast with grainy mustard. Filling and loaded with flavor, this is the perfect end of summer/early fall meal. The creamy avocado mixed with the sweet tomato, cool cucumber, crunchy sprouts and spicy mustard will keep your blood sugar even and your taste buds happy!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup sprouts
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- Toast bread lightly, then spread grainy mustard on one slice.
- On the second piece of toast, first pile avocado, then tomato, then cucumber and finally sprouts.
- Place grainy mustard slice on top of veggie slice and cut to serve 2 halves.