You just have to love summer for its variety of abundant produce. We have been nurturing our veggie garden for many years and it produces much of the produce we enjoy all summer. Farmers markets are another place to get local, fresh produce right now. Even the supermarkets have local produce to sell. When we are able to buy produce locally, we not only cut down our carbon footprint, but everything tastes so much better. I can literally sit and eat tomatoes like candy at this point in the year! Let me know if you make this recipe, I always love to hear your experiences!
And with all these summer veggies in mind, I am truly excited to share my version of Cowboy Caviar, a highly versatile, easy-to-make dish that can be a great appetizer or side salad. No matter how much I make, my family and friends devour the whole bowl…. I have yet to figure out the magic to creating leftovers. ?
Let me know if you make this recipe, I always love to hear your experiences!
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces approximately the same size as the chopped pepper
- 1 1 large handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Flaky Sea Salt to taste
- Tortilla Chips or Similar
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes (if you like a little sweetness in your salad)
- Chop all the vegetables into same size pieces, similar to the size of a black bean, if possible.
- Add all chopped veggies (first 9 ingredients) into a bowl and mix well.
- Add lime juice and olive oil to bowl and gently mix with all veggies in order to fully incorporate all dressing and evenly distribute all vegetables for optimal variety.