- 1 large collard leaf
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup raw sauerkraut
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup sunflower or other sprouts
- 1 teaspoon hemp or sunflower seeds
- Wash and dry one large collard leaf, lay it flat on a cutting board.Trim the stem and shave the spine if the stem seems too woody.
- Cut up and put in the center of the leaf the following:
- ½ avocado (smashed) or hummus if you prefer
- ¼ cup raw sauerkraut (if you like it, its probiotic benefits will make this lunch even better for you)
- ¼ bell pepper cut into small chunks
- 1 carrot peeled and diced or julienned
- Sprouts as high as you can pile them
- Sprinkle hemp or sunflower seeds on top
- Next fold the top of the leaf down and then bottom up and now fold in the sides. Easy to pick up and eat, filling and delicious!