In my world, showing love to myself looks like extra cuddle time with my pup, taking a long walk along the canal with my camera, talking to a close friend, or having someone else make dinner. BUT it also looks like CHOCOLATE! Dark, delicious and oh so heal thy chocolate. Did you know that chocolate is loaded with antioxidants? Or that raw cacao is the #1 food source of antioxidants, with 40 mg more per serving than blueberries! That means cacao is good for your overall health, including your brain, circulation and skin! It’s actually a true super food... and that’s before we even talk about how good it tastes.
I love getting to share something new, delicious and nutritious with you. I’m excited for you to make my Chocolate Lovers Bark just for yourself! But don’t worry, I will understand if you prefer to share. Either way, if you love chocolate this one is for you!
- 9x11 Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Double boiler
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Topping suggestions (feel free to get creative here and use whatever you like):
- chopped pistachios
- dried goji berries
- dried edible rose petals
- flaky sea salt
- Line the bottom of a 9x11 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat cacao butter in a double boiler, stirring frequently (so it doesn’t burn) until liquified.
- Remove liquified cacao from heat and add to pot cacao butter, syrup (and vanilla if using).Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Scatter toppings as desired.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Remove pan from the freezer, then lifting parchment paper from baking pan, remove the chocolate and break into pieces.
- Enjoy immediately.