- 1 cup Safe+Fair Sweet and Salty Kettle Granola + extra for topping Use the code: nourished10 for a 10% discount
- 8 pitted dates chopped
- 1 tsp date paste/syrup
- 1.5 bars dark chocolate vegan and nut free
- Food processor
- 12 Mini Cupcake molds preferably silicon, but paper will work
- Double boiler aka Bain-Marie
- Small sheet pan
- 1. Start by melting chocolate in your double boiler. Do not let the chocolate get too hot, you want it to just melt.
- 2. Add granola and chopped pitted dates to food processor, and pulse to combine. Add 1 tsp date paste/syrup and pulse only as needed to achieve a thick, sticky, pliable consistency. You can add a little more syrup if necessary.
- 3. Place molds onto a small sheet pan.
- 4. Add approximately 1/2 inch of the granola/date mixture to the bottom of the mini-cupcake molds.
- 5. Next add the melted chocolate.
- 6. Add a sprinkle of granola to the top of the chocolate and then place the sheet pan in the refrigerator to set.
- 7. Remove the completed Chocolate Granola Bites from the mini-cupcake molds and arrange on a platter or store them (if you can resist eating them on the spot).
- Keep Chocolate Bites in sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks (or 4 weeks in the freezer). But I am guessing they won’t last that long !
- BONUS: Granola/Date Balls
- Roll remaining granola/date mixture into 6 balls (about the size of a ping pong ball) and freeze in a sealed container. These are great for a quick energy snack or added to a bowl of oatmeal or a smoothie!
Use the code: nourished10 for a 10% discount on all their products!