In my neck of the woods, July is hot, hot, hot! As a person who prefers to be outside as much as possible, there is nothing better to me than cooling down with a refreshingly cold ice pop!
But I’m not talking about any ordinary ice pop, my friend! Imagine an ice pop that is primarily fruit, so easy to make that even a young child could do it, and is actually good for you! Hang on to your hat, then, because this might just be the easiest recipe I have ever shared with you! I sure hope you love it as much as my family and I do!
- 2 bananas (not too ripe)
- 1/4 of your favorite chocolate bar
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Your choice of additional toppings: quinoa pops, chocolate covered hemp seeds, granola, berries.
- Cut your bananas in half (crosswise) and place a Popsicle stick in the bottom of each.
- Roll your banana in your choice of toppings, making certain to cover the full surface.
- Place bananas on a tray and freeze for 45 minutes.
- While the bananas are freezing, melt your chocolate bar in a double boiler.
- When the banana are frozen, remove from the freezer and drizzle with chocolate. (Using a spoon works best).
Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks (but I am betting they will be gone well before then ?).