It should come as no surprise that for me, one of the best ways to show love is with food 😜. I have a new treat for you to share with anyone you love or - maybe even better - to make for yourself. And this treat is easy to love, too! There is no refined sugar, it is loaded with protein and fiber, and is absolutely delicious! AND it even keeps well in the freezer, so you can make a batch today and have them for up to a whole week! IF you have that much will power. 🤣😋
So without further delay, please enjoy these Chocolate Covered Red Velvet Coconut Bites!! Oh, and by the way, if chocolate isn’t one of those things you love, you can just omit that ingredient and these frozen coconut bites will still be one of the tastiest treats ever!
- Large mixing bowl
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Bain marie (double boiler)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp red beet powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- dried rose petals
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla and beet powder with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop the mixture into 12 rounds onto a parchment lined sheet pan (make sure it’s a size that will fit in your freezer!) and place pan in the freezer. These will become your frozen coconut bites.
- While bites are freezing, melt chocolate in a bain marie (or double boiler).
- Take cold coconut bites from the freezer and pour chocolate over each one in a thin layer.
- Top with a pinch of sea salt and crushed rose petals, if desired. Allow chocolate to set and enjoy immediately OR keep frozen for up to a week!