Hot Summer days present the perfect opportunity to make cooling foods like smoothies, ice pops, and some of my favorite cold soups: Chunky Gazpacho, Creamy Corn Gazpacho, and sweet Blueberry Soup (one of my most popular recipes!). And you know I never pass up the chance to share a new seasonal favorite! And so I am delighted to be sharing a brand new option today: cold + creamy, sweet + tangy Chilled Peachy Keen Soup, just for you!
- 4 fresh ripe peaches (pitted and sliced) [OR 1-2 cups frozen peaches if you do not have fresh ripe ones]
- 3/4 cup plant-based yogurt, plain, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Sprig of fresh thyme for garnish
- Blend peaches, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.** pro tip - I like to throw in about a cup of frozen peaches in addition to my fresh ones just to add to that frosty fresh flavor.
- Pour soup mixture into a bowl and add raspberries (if using). Using a fork, mash the berries against the side of the bowl, leaving some texture. Then stir lightly to incorporate crushed raspberries throughout the soup.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve topped with an optional sprig of fresh thyme.
Makes 4-6 servings. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days in a sealed container.