We all love prepare-ahead recipes, this chilled Miso Carrot Ginger Soup is easy, delicious and loaded with nutrients, and can be enjoyed either heated up or chilled from the fridge. Versatile, healthy, and tasty hot or cold, it’s just perfect for any weather.
My Miso Carrot Ginger soup really sings when topped with some fresh chives or other herbs of your choice, a drizzle of chili sauce or a dollop of creamy yogurt. And it is delicious on its own, or with a sandwich like my favorite: Creamy Avocado, Cucumber, Tomato Sandwich or with a wrap like this: Caesar Salad Wrap
Any way that you choose to enjoy this soup is the perfect way, as far as I am concerned! Right now I am having it on its own with fresh chives just picked from my garden and it is so refreshing! ?
- Soup pot
- High speed blender or immersion blender
- Mason jars or other sealed glass container
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups carrots peeled and rough chopped
- 2 cups onion chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ tsp grated ginger
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white miso
- Fresh chopped chives
- Chili oil
- Vegan yogurt
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic and salt to a pot and cook over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes to avoid sticking until the onion becomes translucent.
- Once onions are translucent, add carrots, then stir for a few minutes to allow veggies to cook. Then add vegetable broth, maple syrup and grated ginger to pot. Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft enough to pierce with a fork, remove pot from heat and allow to cool slightly before ladling contents into a high speed blender (OR use an immersion blender right in the pot). Make sure mixture is well puréed.
- Once soup mixture is puréed, add the miso and blend again.
- Allow to cool, decant into a mason jar or other sealed container and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve with optional topping of fresh chives, chili oil or a swirl of vegan yogurt.