- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups nut milk of your choice ( I use homemade vanilla almond milk**, but you can also buy unsweetened nut milk already made)
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or seeds of one vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh pitted cherries (or other fruit of your choice)
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a medium size bowl, every 5 to ten minutes for about 20 minutes and then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Spoon chia pudding into a small mason jar or cup about 1/3 of the way, add cherries, then top again with more chia pudding until full and then add a few more cherries to the top of the jar.
- You can also add optional toppings such as: raw cacao nibs, coconut shavings, other berries or fruit.
** There is a recipe for home made almond milk on my website which you can find here: http://www.nourishedbodyandmind.com/almond-milk/