- 1/2 medium to large size head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 large white turnips
- 2 Tbs vegan butter (I use Earth Balance unsalted stick butter, but you can adjust to your personal preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: splash of almond milk
- rosemary, ginger, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Cut cauliflower and turnips into medium size pieces (about the size of the larger florets).
- The amounts of cut up cauliflower and cut up turnip should be relatively equivalent.
- Steam the cauliflower and turnip pieces until they are soft.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower and turnips into a high speed blender, and add garlic and butter.
- Start blending at a slow speed, and continually raise the speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add a splash of almond milk as needed if the consistency seems too thick for your taste.
- Remove cauliflower/turnip mash from blender and add salt and pepper to taste OR you can add any other spices you like.
Serve immediately and enjoy!