This recipe is actually one of my family’s favorites and I hope you will love it, too! Loaded with flavor, it is savory and sweet, makes a great side or is an excellent main when served with or over rice!
- 2 Baking trays
- 2 heads Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 10 Organic dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Parsley chopped (about 2 big handfuls before chopping)
- ¼ cup Olive oil for dressing + 2 tbsp for roasting cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (or you can sub red wine vinegar)
- ⅓ cup Chopped preserved lemon
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 8-10 Castelvetrano olives pitted and chopped or sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare two baking trays with parchment paper and add ½ the cauliflower florets and ½ the chickpeas to each tray, making sure to leave space between the florets.
- Drizzle florets and chickpeas with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt before placing in the oven.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes, checking halfway through, turning the cauliflower over with a spatula so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove cauliflower (and chickpeas) from the oven when florets are golden and soft and allow to cool a bit.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are in the oven, prepare the dressing by adding these chopped ingredients to a bowl: parsley, dates, garlic, and lemon. Then add olive oil and vinegar, and mix well. Dressing should be thick.
- Plate your cauliflower and chickpeas, then add chopped olives and top with the dressing.
- Serve with rice as a main dish or enjoy as a side.
- I imagine this medley would keep for a few days in a sealed container but it is so tasty, it never lasts more than one day in my house. 😋