- 1 Acorn Squash split in half and seeds removed
- Olive oil
- 2 cups brussel sprouts washed cut in half
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (you can substitute any vegetable you prefer here, broccoli would work well too)
- 1.5 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- A few sweet baby peppers (mixed colors, as available)
- Sunflower sprout
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly rub olive oil on the inside of the acorn squash before placing face down on a baking sheet (you can line it with parchment to make clean up easier).
- Place Squash in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft to the touch.
- Mix brussel sprouts and cauliflower in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put veggie mix on another baking sheet and place in the same oven, watching (brussel sprouts are tender and you don't want them to over cook), about 25-30 minutes.
- When they start getting crispy looking, they are done.
- While they are in the oven, use a small skillet and sauté the garlic until you can smell it (about 3 minutes) and then add sliced mushrooms stirring frequently so they don't burn, for about 15 minutes or until the start turning golden brown.
- Once it is all out of the oven, assemble on the plate.
- Put your acorn squash in the center, and add the mushrooms to the middle.
- Next place roasted veggie around the squash, then the peppers, and lastly the sprouts.