Sometimes I have this for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, and sometimes for an afternoon snack. You can customize and modify these ideas easily, adding whatever produce you have on hand and readily substituting for things that you are missing. You can make your toast components savory or sweet, or even jazz things up by making some of each. So let’s get into it, I’m excited to share some delicious options with you!
Oh, and before we start, a word about choices…..My favorite brand of bread is Simple Kneads Gluten Free (nourishedbodyandmind15 for 15% off) but you can easily use any bread of your choice! Just make sure that you select a bread that has sufficient texture and depth to really hold up to the fabulous toppings you will be adding. And the items indicated in the ingredient lists below are guidelines. So feel free to adjust your options and amounts as you see fit. Creativity and variety is the key here!
- 2 slices ancient grain bread
- 2-3 tbs vegan ricotta (or other soft vegan cheese of your choice)
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Half a dozen goldenberries, sliced into a few round slices per berry
- handful of sprouts
- date syrup (or balsamic vinegar)
- Toast ancient grain bread slices.
- Spread vegan ricotta across both slices.
- Place half of the blueberries on top of the ricotta layer on each slice of toast.
- Place half of the goldenberry slices on each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle sprouts across loaded toast slices.
- Drizzle date syrup (or balsamic vinegar) atop both slices of toast.