- Mixed greens: about 2 cups
- Spinach about 1 cup
- 1/2 head of red cabbage sliced or shredded
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper- cut into small squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into small squares
- 1 purple carrot sliced (usually available at farmers markets)
- 1 small sweet potato cut into cubes and roasted
- 1/2 large (or 1 small) watermelon radish
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar (aged)
- splash of maple syrup
- sea salt
- optional 1/2 avocado cubed
Preheat oven to 350.
Wash and cut sweet potato into small cubes.
Coat with 1-2 Tbs Olive oil, and place on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle with Sea Salt, Lavender and Thyme.
Roast for 25-30 minutes (watch so they do not burn).
Remove from oven and cool.
Assemble the salad starting with greens on the bottom and adding the sweet potato last.
I like to cut some of the watermelon radish into 1/2 rounds to decorate the side of the salad bowl.
Feel free to substitute other colorful seasonal veggies.
Drizzle with dressing and serve!