I love peaches, and when they are in season they are oh-my-goodness, so delicious. In our house we are always looking for new ways to use them.
- Mixed greens, any variety of lettuce greens will do
- Bell pepper: can be yellow, red or orange, cut into bite size pieces
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, yellow and red cut in half
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/4 Cauliflower
- 1/4 Red Cabbage sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup Pea Shoots
- 1 Whole Peach cut in half, lightly brushed with olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (dark)
- 2 Lemons
Heat your grill to 350.
Please peach halves cut side down on the grill for about 5-8 minutes, until scored and warm.
Then remove from the grill and turn cut side up and drizzle with balsamic vinegar while it cools.
Assemble the salad: lettuce greens on the bottom, then cabbage.
Next all the rest (save the peach) with pea shoots on top.
Lastly cut the two peach halves in half again and place on top of the salad.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey mustard
Whisk and drizzle on salad.
Save the left over dressing for one more day in the refrigerator.