- 3 cups of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup of raw apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Use a knife or food processor to chop the cabbage, carrots, and apple julienne-style.
Throw your sesame seeds in raw (I like using both black and white sesame seeds for contrast) or toast them lightly in a frying pan.
Toss julienned cabbage, carrots, apple, and sesame seeds together.
For the dressing, combine the ginger, vinegar, and oil and stir with a spoon or whisk.
Add dressing to the cabbage, carrots, and apples evenly.
Top with more sesame seeds (a fantastic source of Calcium!).
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready.